Free 15-minute phone consultation offered prior to purchasing services. Consultations can be done in person, by phone, and on Zoom video chat.
Career Counseling/ Creative Coaching
Special First Time Sign On Package $250 includes 3 Hours of Coaching
- Career Counseling And Empowerment on entering the Nursing profession.
- One On One Coaching on college entry, essay writing, Curriculum Vitae and professional letter of recommendation.
- Mentoring As A Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/ Nurse Educator in a clinical setting.
- Networking Like A Pro: Learn how to network and make new connections like a pro! In person and on social media.
- Creative Career Paths In Nursing: Nursing careers beyond the bedside, Higher Education, Writing, Publishing, Exercising Professional Nurse Expertise, Entrepreneurship, turning creative ideas into a business.
- Locum Tenens/ Private Contractor/ Patient Advocate/ Educator: Specializing as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, education offered n patient advocacy, parenting, and newborn care.
Professional Storytelling/ Writing
(Prices vary according to words written, and presentations fees are negotiable)
- Professional Blogs
- Research Articles
- Articles for publication in mainstream journals and magazines
- Personal Speaking/ Storytelling Engagements
- TV and Screen Writing Consultation focused on healthcare environment, nurses and healthcare professionals.
One On One Storytelling/ Editing / Coaching
$250.00 first time package includes 3 hours of consultation
- How to start a blog
- Telling unscripted stories on stage
- Memoir writing
- One on one article writing for publication
- Story, article editing
Healing Trauma/ PTSD …A Journey Through Your Story
$250 includes 3 Hour Session in home visit or video conferencing
Take a journey through your personal story: heal your inner traumas and release blocks causing havoc in your life.
- Perfect for people who suffer from chronic pain, anxiety, childhood trauma, physical, emotional abuse, Post-traumatic stress disorder, suffering from a loss of a loved one or pet and on the job bullying
- Get to the root of the problem through guided writing, storytelling and intuitive guidance in order to re-gain personal power and clear blocks in your life.
Team Building Storytelling Classes (Prices vary according to group size)
- Learn the art of storytelling, communication and harness public speaking skills
- Perfect for a healthcare organization or private group
- Basic story composition beginning, middle and end
- How storytelling increases empathy and navigates the energy of the audience
- Strengthen communication skills and increase on the job collaboration, camaraderie and productivity.
- In class performance
- How to get your stories published in mainstream media and journals.
Podcast Production Consulting Services $150.00/ hr.
Or use this form to request more information.
What is Storytelling:
The art of conveying events in words, sound and or images, often by improvisation or embellishment. Stories or narratives have been shared in every culture as a means of entertainment, education, cultural preservation, and instilling moral values.
Storytelling in its many forms, not just improv, can be an incredibly powerful tool for gaining new perspectives and creating shared understanding. Storytelling with empathy can be especially valuable in healthcare because, when you’re in tune with others’ needs, you can better serve them as patients, and be a better leader.
Empathy in Storytelling:
Empathy: The ability to understand and share feelings for another.
Research suggests that stories change our behavior because they change our brain chemistry. Through storytelling there is a better understanding of what people’s want’s, needs, pain points, and what brings them joy.
How Storytelling Can Be Used:
In The Nursing Profession: Storytelling promotes bonding and connection. It allows the teller to feel “understood” and “validated.” It can be used as a valuable tool for nurses in communicating with coworkers, and patients and their families.
For the Advance Practice Nurse:
– Create captivating lectures
– Perfect patient history skills
– Encourages team building and coworker support
For Patients And Families: Although storytelling is not “therapy,” it can be therapeutic. It gives both the storyteller and the listener a chance to look at an experience in a different light. A great exercise for patients and family members to perfect communication techniques with the ability of getting their point across in a concise and organized manner.